Data Storage Unit (DSU)
The DSU is a small form computer selected by Envirosoft to provide the highest availability. Its primary function is to gather data from analysers directly (if fitted with a digital connection) or via an A/D converter using analogue signals (4-20mA). Coupled with a sizeable hard drive, the DSUs are designed for constant operation and data storage.
● Multiple serial ports (RS232/ RS485) for connection to external serial devices.
● Multiple LANs for connection to Ethernet enabled equipment (Modbus over TCP/IP, Bespoke protocols).
● Large hard drive for data storage (RAID and SSD options available).
● Multiple DSU operation for complex site arrangements.
● Backup DSU operation available
● Storage frequency down to 1 second (MCERTS <= 10 seconds).